Flight Simulator Review: How to choose the Best Flight Simulator
This flight simulator review does not focus on one particular product. There are so many sites out there offering a “flight simulator review“. Read a few of them if you like, most of them just promote a particular product. With our flight simulator review we want to give you an idea, what different kinds of flight simulator games are available and which their strengths are.
We tend to break down your best options by skill level. Your individual skill level is the most appropriate indicator, which product you can “start” with. Same applies after some trials on “how to enhance” your flight simulation adventure. This is a very individual process. We will just hint to questions and leave it up to you, to answer them for yourself.
Our experience shows, that playing flight simulator games develops to enthusiasm for flying, a passion. This is true for most people, who’s professional ambition targets a pilot job or owning a plane. A military pilot career might be another motivation to take into consideration. The more ambition behind your wish to fly, the more and the faster you will learn.
Predicting your learning curve is impossible. Therefore we discuss in this flight simulator review step by step, what you do best to enhance your flight simulation experience.
Flight Simulator Review: Entry Level
- First go for a free flight simulator – there are great products out there for free, check FlightGear as one example – or a basic starter pack! But, if you have no joystick, consider buying one: to steer a plane with mouse and keyboard only is pretty challenging. Not only is it completely unnatural but in some cases it feels rather confusing to steer by typing characters on the keyboard. A joystick will enhance your flying experience from the very beginning and investing a very little amount is more than justified.
- If you want to try before you buy, go to Flight Simulator Review‘s List of Free Flight Simulator Games.
- After trying some of the free flight simulator games you might set for new horizons. Most flight simulators offer a basic or “standard” package. That is, what we suggest as next step. The choice of a particular Simulator must of course match your hardware platform. Just start from our flight simulator listing on Airplane Flight Simulator.
Summary: try to avoid spending money on features you do not (yet) want. Focus on finding out, what your passion is: Pilot skills, jet fight skills, formation flight, engineering, designing and modding of airplanes, airline and flight control simulation or one of many other available features.
Flight Simulator Review: Advanced Level
After trying some free flight simulator games (of which we consider FlightGear as a must) or having played a basic, standard package of a game, it all comes down to choosing the way to enhance your experience. At this point you have to assess, what exactly you develop passion for. What would you wish to explore and experience? At this point you must make your own flight simulator review and decide, which features you like and which new features you would enjoy.
Start with the question: What would enhance my experience?
- Graphics …
- Hardware: 3D games need Detail & Resolution, Speed of movement. First, if available, review your flight simulator configuration, if all graphics features are correctly set. If so, secondly check if your actual Graphics adapter (driver) supports the features in question and make sure, it is not your hardware causing the dissatisfaction. Should you need help to perform this step, contact the support for your product.
- Software: once you made sure, it is your flight simulator software, causing your unhappiness, check with your supplier, if there are add-on extensions available to enhance your experience. If not, you need to review your flight simulator choice or consider an other platform. The latter is best done by visiting a store near you and ask for a demo.
- Handling …
- Hardware: complicated handling is always hardware related, because every good flight simulator lets you configure devices like joystick, yoke, pedals, even instruments etc. Lack of the specialized accessories can easily cause frustration, but this is easily cured. Visit our Accessories Shop to find whatever you like. Our shop includes bargain and second hand offers as well enabling you to save on these items.
- Content …
- Software: Too little Planes, too little Airports, too little Scenery Objects, no way to Create or Modify Planes … whatever you are missing at this point (above points satisfied) try to stick with your flight simulator product and look for enhancement options in form of add-on or extension packages from your supplier. Only if this search leaves you without a solution, then you might be forced to look at an other flight simulator. BUT at this point, you exactly know, what to look for!
- Multiplayer …
- Software: Most of the good flight simulator games nowadays support playing with friends online. If you miss this feature in your actual flight simulator, look for an alternative product, that supports multiplayer mode.
Summary: a comprehensive analysis of your individual needs is recommended in order to first try to protect previous investments (not only in the form of money, but the many hours learning to play) and secondly to put you up for doing further investments with maximum benefit and improved experience. To test a new product, try our list of free flight simulators first!
Flight Simulator Review: Professional Level
Once you have achieved Professional Level, your flight career is on the best way. From here on, we are talking big ticket items and you might want to get access to them in the context of your career plan, trainee program respectively. The scope of this website is to bring you the best flight simulator experience possible. With the next update of this Flight Simulator Review, we will bring this section forward, featuring products that are accessible to the public. Actually we cover only one product with professional scope: X-Plane-10 Professional. X-Plane-10 Professional is expensive for gaming, but for professional use certainly modest in price. Other Flight Simulators, not easily accessible to the public, like professional Flight Simulators, Airlines use to train their pilots, and the most probably most sophisticated flight simulator ever developed by NASA Aviation Systems, will find coverage in the news and maybe our Flight Simulator Articles Collection!
*These Articles have been chosen for publication. They promote different opinions and do in no way reflect or express the opinion of Airplane Flight Simulator Review, rather they serve for your forming of your own, individual opinion.
Airplane Flight Simulator Review Policy and Disclaimer
- Flight Simulator Review covers Games and Accessories that have sold thousands of times and promising novelties.
- Thousands of Flight Simulation Enthusiasts enjoy the Experience provided by these Flight Simulator recommendations.
- Flight Simulator Review of Games focus on User Experience and Satisfaction in relation to the Price of the Game.
- User Experience depends on the Software itself, the more realistic like real life flying, the better.
- User Experience can be enhanced by HID (Human Interface Devices) like special flying Joysticks, Pedals and a variety of other Controls and Devices.
- User Satisfaction is measured by feedback of Users. Therefore we appreciate, if you subscribe to our Flight Simulator Review Newsletter and Groups (see Love+Like).
- For products we like we might enter an affiliate relationship with the supplier. This allows us to secure attractive offers for our readers. As well do we get access to some materials for publication which helps you to stay tuned.
- We try to do a good job for our readers. Those who order trough our website help us earn a little commission that enables us to grow this exciting service, we could not provide with enthusiasm only. Thank you very much for your support!
- Please shop through our links, use ads displayed and support us that way effortlessly! We appreciate and highly estimate your support!
- Flight Sim Games that are available for free are not intensively covered by our review team – it would simply be too time consuming and we cannot help you save any money.
- There is no point in conducting time consuming tests of free flight simulation games, that you can download for free. We encourage you doing so and help you by listing them in order for you to build your own opinion.
WARNING: Playing Airplane Flight Simulator or Flight Combat Games can be addictive. We Encourage Responsible use of all Computer and Online Games!
Flight Simulator Reviewpage updated Dec 201
Enter Coupon code “cents4u994″ save $ 9.94 or pass the Coupon as a gift. Your Flight Simulator Review Site.